Thursday, November 29, 2007

BUSY

Grab your coffee or tea, this is going to be a LONG one!! I have my coffee sitting right here beside me.

So, here's what's been going on in our lives the past month or so:

Remember I told you I was going to be SWAMPED with birthday parties? I was!! Here is a picture of Allison. She turned 10 on November 5th. Ugh, we're officially in the double digits! ;-) We had a family gathering on November 4th. We were supposed to have it here, but there was a terrible odor in our laundry area and it's unfortunately not a room. It's just a little nook with bifold doors in the downstairs hall. At first we thought it was a dead mouse. Yeah, we've been "lucky" enough to find those little buggers in our garage. Thank goodness there have been none in the house. Nevertheless, it still freaks me out and I will NOT tolerate them. They make LOTS of babies, ya know?! So, I put down some pellets in the garage for them to eat and kill them (sorry PETA people) and it was the same smell we had when there was one dead on one of those sticky pads in the garage before. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from necessarily, but I was NOT having family over with my house smelling like that. Besides, Beau had the whole laundry area torn up and Alli was having 2 games Saturday AND Sunday for a soccer tournament. In the end, we moved the party to my parents house and we had a good time. Where is that picture you say?! Right here!! My first "baby"!



We never did find out what the smell was, but it seemed like it was coming from where the washer drains, so I don't know if some gunk was built up in there, but it's gone now. Whew!

So, I get one birthday down, right? We still hadn't thrown Alli's "friends party" and Elizabeth's birthday was right on the heels of Alli's on Friday, November 9th. You know what? I'm NOT hosting a big shindig for a THREE year old. We ended up having family over for Baked Ziti and cake and ice cream. She had a GOOD time and was all about the presents this year!! Here is a picture of my now 3 year old and she IS my baby!!



You thought that was it, huh? Nope! The whole time all these birthdays are going on, Jake is having football playoffs for our rec. league. His team was undefeated this year and went all the way to the finals. The whole time I'm having to deal with school and the kids; I'm also having to deal with planning parties and running Jake to football practice and some games during the middle of the week. In the end, his flag team won 1st place for our Recreation League and went all the way to win the City Championship, so it was VERY exciting!! Here is a picture of his team with their City trophy.



During all the practices and playoffs, I was trying to plan Alli's "friends party", but we were never really positive if Jake's team would win and go on to the next round. I had it planned for the one Sunday, but if they won their Saturday game, they'd play again on Sunday. I just couldn't take the chance. So, I talked Alli into waiting until the football was all over and we finally had her party on November 17th, the afternoon of the City Championship game. Let me tell you, I have never been so happy to be done with parties in my life!! Unfortunately though, Jake has his birthday coming up on December 9th. He is going to a NY Jets game that weekend, though, with his Grandpa and Beau. Beau is still insisting we have a big party for him since we didn't get to do one last year, but then it gets too close to Christmas. Ack, someone save me!!!

No comments: