Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

to all the Mother's of all kinds out there!! I hope you all have a quiet, relaxing, glorious day!

I know I won't! You see, my "brilliant" husband decided to put himself on call at the hospital today. It wouldn't piss me off so much if it wasn't his choice, but he's the new Scheduling Officer, so yeah, he did it himself. AND he was just gone for a week at his Nursing Conference in Texas AND he received his first call at 9 a.m. this morning. Did I come down to breakfast? NO. He didn't make anything because he was waiting for me to get up. Did he make the kids breakfast? NO. So, as you see, I get to be Mom again today. No day off. STILL have to get the kids breakfast and run the roost around here. Thankfully, my dad takes over on Mother's Day and makes an awesome dinner for my mom, sister-in-law and me. Gotta love my dad. I called my mom already this morning and she told me to come over for breakfast since my dad made omelets and he could make more, but I declined. I truly don't expect everyone to cater to me, but damn, I run the house ALL.YEAR.LONG. The least I could have is one day OFF!!

Oh well, onto something that does make me happy! We ordered this yesterday.


We've been talking about a laptop and can't afford the Apple we want right now and Dell was running a special this weekend, so I will be receiving this in the mail sometime soon. It's not just for me, of course, but it will be cool to have.

I guess I'm gonna go try to chill for a bit. I do have to make dessert for tonight, but I'm going to have the kids help me and I volunteered for that! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Some times you want to wack them up side the head!! Currently I want to wack our school band director up side the head. . .my DH and DS are currently on a 4 day trip with the band!! WHO plans this stuff over Mother's Day weekend uh? He's single. . what does he know? LOL! DD somehow managed to pull the day shift at work today. . .so it's just me and the dog today. I'm having chili from Wendy's for lunch. . I decided I was worth the price of a gallon of gas to go get it! LOL!!!