* Our beloved dog Buddy died. Yes, it's very unfortunate and we miss him, but honestly there is some good in it too. We used to have to put two gates up at the openings to the den because he would jump on the furniture when we were not home and he was not allowed to. What is it about dogs? They are just like bad kids . . . acting up when their parents are gone! Long story short: he was hit by a car about 2 1/2 years ago when we moved into our new house after escaping from the fence and experienced seizures every now and then. They seemed to be getting worse lately and last Monday he started having seizures non-stop starting around 1 p.m. He eventually fell into a coma and died at home. I think that vision will be embedded forever in my memory, but I like to remember the good times.
R.I.P. Buddy! We love you boy!
* Beau is getting ready to head to Texas for a week for a Nursing Conference. He is attending with his good friend from work. The guys (being guys, of course!) took too long to reserve their room, so the hotel where the conference is being held was booked up, so they ended up at THE GREAT WOLF LODGE! Can you believe it?! Poor guys (yeah, right!).
* I was a chaperone to the Virginia Aquarium with Jake's class Tuesday. Such fun! The kids were considerably good and it definitely could have been much worse. It's so funny how the kids are so excited about a new parent being around. I heard, "Jacob's Mom!", "Jacob's Mom!" a lot! TOO CUTE! Here is a picture of me and my boy. Look how big he is. I'm 5'5" and he's in FIRST grade people!! ;-)

* Alli has a soccer tournament all weekend. She has two games Saturday AND Sunday in the next town. I'm not looking forward to driving all the way out there for an 8:00 game Sunday morning, especially since we have to be there 25 minutes early for them to get stretched out and practice. On a GOOD note though Alli scored the first goal last Saturday. This is BIG news!! She's usually on defense, but our team had the kickoff and the girls went right up and drove that ball in with a lot of teamwork! WOOHOO ALLI!
* We all have dentist appointments next week. I'm afraid we'll hear the dreaded news that Alli needs braces now. I guess I should look at the bright side and be happy Tricare (Military Medical Insurance) now covers 50%.
I guess that's about it for now. I'll try to update much more often. I know a month at a time isn't cutting it!
1 comment:
I'm so sorry about Buddy! Losing a loved pet is hard.
Kaye (HappyCamper)
Post a Comment