I don't even remember if I posted on here or not, but we had orders from the Navy to report to Camp Lejeune in North Carolina next July. Beau was wanting to apply for the Nurse Anesthetist program, but was too late getting his package finished. The past two years they asked for more applicants around February, but Beau was told by a reliable source that they had 20 applicants for 20 spots. Beau was needing to pick some sort of orders before all the "good" ones were gone, so he picked Camp Lejeune. We figured North Carolina was as good a choice as any since we would only be around 4 hours away from "home". Seeing as the school system isn't as great there and Alli is already in Middle School, we were seriously contemplating doing the Geo-Bachelor thing which is us staying here while he lived and worked down there. There were other reasons for our choice, including having to rent this house out while renting another down there . . . we'd have to make enough on the house here to still be able to pay the mortgage and pay for a property manager.
Fast forward: Beau was working one of the late shifts two weeks ago and called to tell me that he received an e-mail stating there were positions open for the CRNA Program! I couldn't believe it! He has been working on a class he needs online, so besides that and a couple of Letters of Recommendation, his package is almost complete. We were worried still at this point, though, that they would not let him out of his orders. He talked to his Detailer (the person that tells you what jobs are available and if you're qualified) and after talking to his boss, he called Beau back and said he'd cancel his orders. Now he has nothing holding him back if he's accepted into the program! Praise God! The only bad thing is that if he doesn't make it into the program, we'll be stuck with whatever orders are left. ;-(
I truly hope and pray that everything works out the way we want it to. This is truly what Beau wants right now, not to mention it would give us some opportunities we wouldn't have without the program. He's been working really hard doing his regular nursing job and shadowing CRNA's in the O.R. every chance he gets. Not to mention, he still has to finish his online Biochemistry class. If you are so inclined, please keep him in your prayers. I'll keep you all posted on how things go!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will definitally keep you guys in my prayers! I hope he gets accepted!!!
Post a Comment