Monday, August 20, 2007

The Great Debate!



O.k., so I have a decision to make. I'm not real happy about having to make this one. Let me give you some background information. When we got married in 1997 my parents told us they would buy us family room furniture. Not the WHOLE kit and kaboodle, but a sofa and loveseat that was a decent price. We finally rented our first townhouse when Beau got stationed back here in 1999, so off we went to look for our furniture. We had to find something reasonably quick so we'd have it in time for us to move in. We found something I really liked and that Beau could live with, so my parents purchased it for us. Needless to say, it's now 8 years old. Don't get me wrong, it's done it's job and held up fairly well, but it's time to move on!! Wait, there's more to the story!!

I'm a scrapbooker and a lover of photographs. I have three kids, two of which are in sports, so I have to take pictures of them for my albums, right?! I have an old Minolta Advantix camera with two good lenses and a Canon S50 with a zoom that stinks. Everyone whose everyone knows that Canon makes some darn good cameras and you don't find many scrapbookers or papparazi that aren't carrying a good Canon around. I'd been talking to Beau about the Rebel for YEARS and we're finally at the stage we can actually afford for me to get one. Now we've decided that I'll probably go with the Canon 20D. Are you seeing my dilemma yet??? We don't have money to afford both, so now I need to choose between the new furniture or the camera I've been waiting on. They both cost around the same. My birthday is August 31st, and I've passed up the opportunity for my camera to get something for the family plenty of times before. So, what do YOU think????

1 comment:

Kaesmom said...

How sturdy is the couch? Is it just cosmetically that it's not holding up so well? Could you cover it with one of those slip on things and keep it for a few more years? Or is it getting too uncomfortable?

How about going with the camera and next year getting a less expensive couch? Ikea has some for $400. That would suit me just fine if it meant I got a new camera. :)