Friday, August 24, 2007

Taking a little time to breathe . . .

Well, only today and not really the whole day!! I've been running all week long with the kids sports and even had to recruit some family since Beau is working the middle shift this week. So, what's been going on? I'll try to sum things up in a nutshell!

1. Jake's still practicing for tackle football, but we're doing a mock weigh-in for him tomorrow and the league is having a Jamboree (scrimmage day) with all the other teams in the area. He's still not going down much, but I took it upon myself to e-mail our local Recreation League and they said he could still get in to play Flag football with his old team (who wanted him back anyway)! Beau still won't give up, though, so I guess we only have one final week to be officially kicked out.

2. I finally thought I'd enjoy a day off today without having to go out anywhere and Beau comes up to bed last night telling me he thinks Buddy (our Beagle) has ear mites. GREAT. I had to take him (along with all three kids) to the Vet, but we all had to wait in the car, because Buddy has seizures when he goes to the Vet or anywhere else where he smells a lot of dogs. They came out to check him and long story short, he just has a yeast infection in his left ear. So, we get to clean his ear every other day and put some drops in it once a day for 2 weeks and then go back for a recheck. Joy.

3. My birthday is growing closer and Beau keeps asking me if I ordered my camera yet. I told him no and he informed me that he was doing some research on his own. Now he wants me to get the Canon 30D with a Tamron 28-300mm lens. Hmmmm, o.k., sounds GOOD to me!! We still haven't ordered it though.

I think that's all that's been going on. I'm dreading having to make dinner. I think my sinuses are acting up today--my head and neck are killing me. Alright, well, enjoy your weekend!!

No comments: