Friday, August 10, 2007

Here we go . . . we're starting tackle football with Pop Warner already!



Aye yi yi! What can I say?! I know my boy is sports-talented and all, but we're already signed up for Pop Warner tackle football at 6 1/2 years of age!! We tried to sign him up for one of our city's leagues, but they didn't have enough players, so Beau took it upon himself to sign Jake up for a league in Chesapeake. Needless to say, I was NOT happy about that! The fact that it's in a totally different city (whether it's closer to our house or not) and that Alli will soon be starting practices for Advanced Soccer, and they ALL will be starting school soon did not make this Mommy a happy camper!! ;-) I know Jake will enjoy it, but this Pop Warner stuff is GRUELING!! It's intense people!! I'll try to upload a couple pics. from his first practice with our local team before they knew they didn't have enough players. Oh, BTW, I'm thinking about starting my own Ladies Football Training program--ya know, so we can all lose a little weight and get in buff shape! It's totally a joke, but man, I swear we could all benefit from the intensity of the stuff they have those kids doing out there! ;-)

No comments: